Feel free to send questions to my ask box! <3
Hogwarts House Psychoanalysis
True Gryffindors have a very strong sense of what is right and what is wrong, and this is a part of what gives them such strong opinions. Depending on the person, this may be taken to a Borderline degree, and they may see people as either good or evil, not in between and no chance of redemption for those on the darker sides of things. Alternately, Gryffindors may see all people as being initially good, and only making the wrong choices take the down the wrong road. Both of these behaviours are why Gryffindors and Slytherins can easily clash. Gryffindors are usually incredibly intelligent, but they tend to be slackers, more focused on getting a taste of something new than sticking to responsibility. This can be their downfall from success, or quite the opposite, bringing them a rise up into something they love. Once they find their true place in the world, Gryffindors will often use their accomplishments to the benefit of others in some form or fashion. Actors, singers and athletes can often be classified as Gryffindors. Despite their good intentions, they can also quite often be ill-tempered and overly emotional, which is their Achilles’ Heel in most instances. A darker Gryffindor may become out of control because of this, hurting those they love or holding a grudge for many years.
Essentially, Hufflepuffs see the world and their people as ultimately good, and only the darkness of the inevitable turning them away from what they think is right. Because of this, they tend to treat everyone fairly and with sympathy, trying to put themselves in the other person’s shoes before judging them, if they judge them at all. Hufflepuffs are almost always maternal or paternal types, ready to take care of anyone who may come to them. They are dedicated to what they do, and are very focused on making sure everything is done properly, leaving no room for error. Mostly, Hufflepuffs think what they do is right, and Ravenclaws who doubt them may annoy them, but Hufflepuffs hate conflict, so they tend to ignore their irritation. Hufflepuffs are very passive aggressive, doing little things subconsciously when someone makes them angry. This is usually the farthest they will go so far as revenge, as they rarely want to participate in any form of violence. Hufflepuffs are healers in nature, wishing to care to the needs of others. Many nurses, cooks, teachers or counselors are Hufflepuffs.
Intelligent and insightful, Ravenclaws are not ones to classify people under any certain category. Instead they often ponder on humanity, what is good, what is evil and why we should classify people as one or the other. Ravenclaws are very philosophical, and often you may see them simply staring off into space, but this is not in some brainless manner, in fact they are exploring the gears of their mind and trying to figure out how the world works. Ravenclaws are focused on their work, but they often don’t need effort. They tend to pick up on every detail and remember it without even trying, something that others may be skeptical of or be jealous of. This can give some a sense of superiority and the idea they should tell everyone the right way to do something, which can easily make others, especially nervous Hufflepuffs or emotional Gryffindors, very irritated. Ravenclaws are very analytic, and this can be very good or very bad. For the kind-hearted this will be a way to help others, for the dark they can use this to twist and manipulate. Ravenclaws are not every emotional, instead they tend to put up a wall and not let anyone in except for perhaps their closest friends or family. Instead they pick at the minds of others, trying to figure out how they work and to see if they themselves are different, or just the same as everyone else. Psychologists, professors and investigators are often Ravenclaws.
Slytherins have a more cynical view on the world, and believe that there is darkness in the hearts of all, some are just unwilling to accept it. They think anyone who doesn’t realize this is naive or perhaps even stupid, and because of this they can easily clash with Gryffindors or laugh at Hufflepuffs. This said, Slytherins are absolutely in no way evil, some are actually very good. They simply have a drive that carries their life, and if you get in their way you better watch out. Slytherins have an almost bloodthirsty craving for success, and if they don’t think they can achieve this then they can easily fall into a darker place of self-loathing and take this out on others. Love and accomplishment are the two things that mean the most to them, and they do not understand that the need for the latter can drive away the former, and when the feeling of pride fades or they fail at something, their possible lack of something dear and close to them can hit, and when it hits it hits hard. Slytherins are very emotional, however unlike Gryffindors they very rarely show it. Instead they bottle it up, using it in other ways, some of which may be artistic. Slytherins can very easily connect to art or music. Slytherins usually pick one subject they feel for and stick with it, rather than focusing on them all. This can be an issue academically, and some Slytherins may even drop out of school, but despite this their ambition will drive them to doing something they love, or they will have a downward spiral into depression. Lawyers, doctors and artists are often Slytherins.
Definitely a Slytherin, according to this one.
Wow, weirdly, according to this - I am a total Gryffindor. That is the first time I have ever felt like I related to Gryffindor. I can’t even believe I am admitting that publicly. It’s kind of freaking me out.
Pottermore is going to be really intense.
Slytherin was still second place.
- pitypang32 reblogged this from potterlocked-and-proud and added:
- red-pirate-of-the-fandom-seas likes this
- potterlocked-and-proud reblogged this from shouldnt-have-said-that
- iaminaglasscaseofemotion likes this
- iaminaglasscaseofemotion reblogged this from fuckyeahkillingtime
- jinx3 reblogged this from hogwarts-witchcraftandwizardry
- twowandsandadrink reblogged this from unseasoned-aldente-pasta
- twowandsandadrink likes this
- unseasoned-aldente-pasta reblogged this from ravenclawhousepride
- deerlion likes this
- amazingclarity reblogged this from potrafic
- hereisthepointyend likes this
- thistimelymystique likes this
- spectralprongs likes this
- always-thehalfbloodprince reblogged this from fromplatform934
- fromplatform934 reblogged this from macabrepuppet
- heloisawrites reblogged this from italktosnakes
- fawkeswright likes this
- kurugbykid likes this
- moriarty-castiel likes this
- sutekihotaru likes this
- sweetxsecret reblogged this from now-at-punkwarren
- enchantedmist likes this
- dark-peppermint reblogged this from caustic-slytherin
- dark-peppermint likes this
- violettheportrait reblogged this from dreamyexpression
- thatshrewdandknavishsprite likes this
- dreamyexpression reblogged this from nottlikemyfather
- grrlover121 likes this
- just-kind-of-there reblogged this from pan-fluid
- wweird-is-good reblogged this from pan-fluid
- pan-fluid reblogged this from mephistosoul
- mephistosoul reblogged this from caustic-slytherin
- unhealthybb likes this
- thatspencergirlsims reblogged this from caustic-slytherin
- thatspencergirlsims likes this
- andi-loves-andy-biersack reblogged this from notorious-gonzo
- yesloonylovegoodme likes this
- slyther-snake reblogged this from caustic-slytherin
- gallifreyandesire reblogged this from caustic-slytherin
- misscheif007 likes this
- only21yearsold reblogged this from socialjusticeslytherin
- hello-7o-myself likes this
- only21yearsold likes this
- ughh-srsly likes this
- heinzstein44 reblogged this from caustic-slytherin
- heinzstein44 likes this
- ashleighhalliday likes this
- tekaarika likes this